I blogged on this once before, but I just found the text part posted from 12/29/2009. So I am posting it again with updates. When creating a custom master page with SharePoint 2010 you will run into issues. First one: you find that the modal dialog (pop-up) is using some, or all, of your custom […]
Tag Archives | SharePoint Designer
When you first create a blog on SharePoint 2010 it seems clunky in allowing the management of posts, comments, etc. Since I have a fixed width blog I don’t use the third column. Yes you can move the web part but what fun is that when we can try something new and add some links […]
Working on sites these days you have many social feeds that need to be added to your SharePoint site. One way we have accomplished this is using the XML viewer web part. You can add this into a web part zone on your page through your browser or you can add the web part directly […]
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=baa3ad86-bfc1-4bd4-9812-d9e710d44f42 is the download link to your copy of SharePoint Designer. Here’s a link to the Q&A on the Licensing Changes http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointdesigner/HA103607621033.aspx (thanks Joel Oleson.)
I am about to release some centered skins that are a fixed width. These have a background image that is very easy to change. Before these can be sold, I have to overcome a few issues when using a background image and trying to use a centered content area. When creating skins I try to […]
One of my clients has come back to me with a strange occurrence. When they created a new web part page, the Quick Launch Links were no where to be found. One thing that I noticed is that my heavily customized sites did not have this problem, but the sites where the master page was […]
Meet Heather Waterman a SharePoint branding expert. Years of experience in web design and a strange desire to put her head through the computer screen have resulted in her mastery of SharePoint branding in all of its powerful and frustrating beauty.
Heather currently works for PixelMill.com as a Pre-Sales Engineer. PixelMill is located in Davis, CA.
- Adding a Left Navigation Menu in a Page Layout July 16, 2014
- Reformatting the Date display in the Refinement Panel July 15, 2014
- Suggested Reading from our Responsive Web Design Presentation April 22, 2013
- Adding a Twitter feed with SharePoint xml viewer web part May 1, 2012
- Customizing the search box in SharePoint 2010 May 14, 2012
- Using the .s4-titlerowhidetitle in your custom master page. May 10, 2012
- hwaterman: I have not tried, but I am sure it should be simil...
- spMuttGirl: Hi Heather, love your posts, and regarding the l...
- panoone: That's actually one of the more polite replies he...