Here is another gotcha for your custom SharePoint 2010 master page. When you are creating your custom master page, you most likely will want to move some ContentPlaceHolders into an ASP:Panel with the visibility set to hidden. The TitleInTitleArea place holder should stay in the master page and not within a hidden panel. Why? When this […]
Tag Archives | MasterPages
The importance of keeping the SharePoint:DelegateControl TreeViewAndDataSource in your SharePoint 2010 Master Page
Here is another gotcha when creating a custom master page. At times you might want to remove delegate controls that you are not using in a custom master page. Here is one delegate control that will make a difference if it’s not in your master page. <SharePoint:DelegateControl runat=”server” ControlId=”TreeViewAndDataSource”> In the v4.master this is part of the […]
Recently I had a friend ask me to help him with an issue on a page layout they were having. When he opened the page in SharePoint designer and went to edit the page layout, he saw this message. The first thing I did was have him search the master page for TitleInTitleArea, since that did […]
Meet Heather Waterman a SharePoint branding expert. Years of experience in web design and a strange desire to put her head through the computer screen have resulted in her mastery of SharePoint branding in all of its powerful and frustrating beauty.
Heather currently works for PixelMill.com as a Pre-Sales Engineer. PixelMill is located in Davis, CA.
- Adding a Left Navigation Menu in a Page Layout July 16, 2014
- Reformatting the Date display in the Refinement Panel July 15, 2014
- Suggested Reading from our Responsive Web Design Presentation April 22, 2013
- Adding a Twitter feed with SharePoint xml viewer web part May 1, 2012
- Customizing the search box in SharePoint 2010 May 14, 2012
- Using the .s4-titlerowhidetitle in your custom master page. May 10, 2012
- hwaterman: I have not tried, but I am sure it should be simil...
- spMuttGirl: Hi Heather, love your posts, and regarding the l...
- panoone: That's actually one of the more polite replies he...