Here is another gotcha for your custom SharePoint 2010 master page. When you are creating your custom master page, you most likely will want to move some ContentPlaceHolders into an ASP:Panel with the visibility set to hidden. The TitleInTitleArea place holder should stay in the master page and not within a hidden panel. Why? When this […]
Tag Archives | Design
Navigation in SharePoint is definitely a branding pain point. The code improved with 2010, but it was still missing something. Selected Parent with Drop Down When you have a parent item selected, it keeps the selected state as you hover over the child links in the drop down. Hovered Parent Item with Drop Down Now when you hover over another parent item the hover state […]
In this blog post I will show you how to customize the search area in the header of your custom master page. Since this site is for an intranet, I started by making a copy of the v4.master and renaming that copy. You could also use the Starter Master Page, by Randy Drisgill on CodePlex. When […]
When creating a custom master page you want to make sure to keep the s4-titlerowhidetitle class. If you don’t have this in your custom master page you can find the tag directly after the #s4-bodyContainer in your v4.master. (Please don’t edit the v4.master directly!) <div id=”s4-titlerow” class=”s4-notdlg s4-titlerowhidetitle”> … </div> IMHO it’s a gem when […]
Recently Lawrence asked me to design a blog for him for his new space www.communityzenmaster.com, I was thrilled he asked, but was dreading the design process. When I design, I really have to have my creative energy flowing and it wasn’t; I was feeling quite flat. It took about a week to get back on […]
Today is the deadline for the logo contest for the SharePoint Pod Show. Since Rob (who will always be my Les Paul) and I recently became buddies, I figured I would try to pull something together for the show. So here is my entry for the contest. I would love some feedback on the logo.
Meet Heather Waterman a SharePoint branding expert. Years of experience in web design and a strange desire to put her head through the computer screen have resulted in her mastery of SharePoint branding in all of its powerful and frustrating beauty.
Heather currently works for PixelMill.com as a Pre-Sales Engineer. PixelMill is located in Davis, CA.
- Adding a Left Navigation Menu in a Page Layout July 16, 2014
- Reformatting the Date display in the Refinement Panel July 15, 2014
- Suggested Reading from our Responsive Web Design Presentation April 22, 2013
- Adding a Twitter feed with SharePoint xml viewer web part May 1, 2012
- Customizing the search box in SharePoint 2010 May 14, 2012
- Using the .s4-titlerowhidetitle in your custom master page. May 10, 2012
- hwaterman: I have not tried, but I am sure it should be simil...
- spMuttGirl: Hi Heather, love your posts, and regarding the l...
- panoone: That's actually one of the more polite replies he...