Navigation in SharePoint is definitely a branding pain point. The code improved with 2010, but it was still missing something. Selected Parent with Drop Down When you have a parent item selected, it keeps the selected state as you hover over the child links in the drop down. Hovered Parent Item with Drop Down Now when you hover over another parent item the hover state […]
Tag Archives | CSS
In this blog post I will show you how to customize the search area in the header of your custom master page. Since this site is for an intranet, I started by making a copy of the v4.master and renaming that copy. You could also use the Starter Master Page, by Randy Drisgill on CodePlex. When […]
When creating a custom master page you want to make sure to keep the s4-titlerowhidetitle class. If you don’t have this in your custom master page you can find the tag directly after the #s4-bodyContainer in your v4.master. (Please don’t edit the v4.master directly!) <div id=”s4-titlerow” class=”s4-notdlg s4-titlerowhidetitle”> … </div> IMHO it’s a gem when […]
How many times have you gone to edit a web part on the page, only to have to scroll to the right to see the tool pane? If you happen to have a large screen then this is not much of an issue, but if you have a smaller screen or have numerous windows open […]
I blogged on this once before, but I just found the text part posted from 12/29/2009. So I am posting it again with updates. When creating a custom master page with SharePoint 2010 you will run into issues. First one: you find that the modal dialog (pop-up) is using some, or all, of your custom […]
When customizing SharePoint sites you most certainly will make some type of change to the web part title. When editing the page you will notice sometimes when you hover over the title to edit the web part there will be a slight shift. You can see the difference in the images below. I have done […]
Meet Heather Waterman a SharePoint branding expert. Years of experience in web design and a strange desire to put her head through the computer screen have resulted in her mastery of SharePoint branding in all of its powerful and frustrating beauty.
Heather is the Director of Synteractive Studio for Synteractive located in Washington DC.
- Adding a Left Navigation Menu in a Page Layout July 16, 2014
- Reformatting the Date display in the Refinement Panel July 15, 2014
- Suggested Reading from our Responsive Web Design Presentation April 22, 2013
- Adding a Twitter feed with SharePoint xml viewer web part May 1, 2012
- Customizing the search box in SharePoint 2010 May 14, 2012
- Using the .s4-titlerowhidetitle in your custom master page. May 10, 2012
- Tejas IT Solutions Pvt Ltd: Use following code in this will resolve your probl...
- hwaterman: I have not tried, but I am sure it should be simil...
- spMuttGirl: Hi Heather, love your posts, and regarding the l...
Follow @hwaterman on Twitter