I found, what looks to be really cool, a polling webpart on CodePlex. http://www.codeplex.com/PollingWebPart In the past I have used PollDaddy for adding polls to sites, but I think I might have to give this one a try.
Today I am adding some new skins to the store. These skins have a bit more modifications vs. the standard skins. First they are centered and a fixed width. The width can be modified in the CSS, so you can modify the dimensions. Second the skin uses a background image, this can be changed as […]
I am about to release some centered skins that are a fixed width. These have a background image that is very easy to change. Before these can be sold, I have to overcome a few issues when using a background image and trying to use a centered content area. When creating skins I try to […]
One of my clients has come back to me with a strange occurrence. When they created a new web part page, the Quick Launch Links were no where to be found. One thing that I noticed is that my heavily customized sites did not have this problem, but the sites where the master page was […]
For many of you working with a Content Editor Web Part and FireFox is a real nuisance, since Fire Fox does not render the neat little Rich Text Editor that shows. This is also true for adding to a list with SharePoint and FF. Now there is a neat little add-on that you can install […]
Recently Lawrence asked me to design a blog for him for his new space www.communityzenmaster.com, I was thrilled he asked, but was dreading the design process. When I design, I really have to have my creative energy flowing and it wasn’t; I was feeling quite flat. It took about a week to get back on […]
Meet Heather Waterman a SharePoint branding expert. Years of experience in web design and a strange desire to put her head through the computer screen have resulted in her mastery of SharePoint branding in all of its powerful and frustrating beauty.
Heather currently works for PixelMill.com as a Pre-Sales Engineer. PixelMill is located in Davis, CA.
- Adding a Left Navigation Menu in a Page Layout July 16, 2014
- Reformatting the Date display in the Refinement Panel July 15, 2014
- Suggested Reading from our Responsive Web Design Presentation April 22, 2013
- Adding a Twitter feed with SharePoint xml viewer web part May 1, 2012
- Customizing the search box in SharePoint 2010 May 14, 2012
- Using the .s4-titlerowhidetitle in your custom master page. May 10, 2012
- hwaterman: I have not tried, but I am sure it should be simil...
- spMuttGirl: Hi Heather, love your posts, and regarding the l...
- panoone: That's actually one of the more polite replies he...