When you first create a blog on SharePoint 2010 it seems clunky in allowing the management of posts, comments, etc. Since I have a fixed width blog I don’t use the third column. Yes you can move the web part but what fun is that when we can try something new and add some links […]
Working on sites these days you have many social feeds that need to be added to your SharePoint site. One way we have accomplished this is using the XML viewer web part. You can add this into a web part zone on your page through your browser or you can add the web part directly […]
Recently I had to get a SharePoint Foundation environment up pretty quickly to test a branding solution that was built for a client. Kris Wagner had always talked up CloudShare, so I decided to give it a try. Easy was not the word, it was easier than easy and now I am hooked. Our company […]
While testing out a customization for a client site, I noticed in the out of the box picture library that the list had some of the 2007 look and feel. While the top still looked okay, I wasn’t quite happy with the yellow background behind the selector arrow. Once again with Firebug and IE Developer […]
When customizing SharePoint sites you most certainly will make some type of change to the web part title. When editing the page you will notice sometimes when you hover over the title to edit the web part there will be a slight shift. You can see the difference in the images below. I have done […]
If you don’t already use jump lists or (pinned sites) you may be asking what are they. From the Channel 9 Blog, Yochay Kiriaty sums it up well, “You can think of Jump Lists as your own mini Start Menu for you application, giving you some control over its appearance and functionality.” (http://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/yochay/Jump-into-the-Windows-7-Taskbar-Jump-Lists) I am […]
Meet Heather Waterman a SharePoint branding expert. Years of experience in web design and a strange desire to put her head through the computer screen have resulted in her mastery of SharePoint branding in all of its powerful and frustrating beauty.
Heather currently works for PixelMill.com as a Pre-Sales Engineer. PixelMill is located in Davis, CA.
- Adding a Left Navigation Menu in a Page Layout July 16, 2014
- Reformatting the Date display in the Refinement Panel July 15, 2014
- Suggested Reading from our Responsive Web Design Presentation April 22, 2013
- Adding a Twitter feed with SharePoint xml viewer web part May 1, 2012
- Customizing the search box in SharePoint 2010 May 14, 2012
- Using the .s4-titlerowhidetitle in your custom master page. May 10, 2012
- hwaterman: I have not tried, but I am sure it should be simil...
- spMuttGirl: Hi Heather, love your posts, and regarding the l...
- panoone: That's actually one of the more polite replies he...