When creating a custom master page you want to make sure to keep the s4-titlerowhidetitle class. If you don’t have this in your custom master page you can find the tag directly after the #s4-bodyContainer in your v4.master. (Please don’t edit the v4.master directly!) <div id=”s4-titlerow” class=”s4-notdlg s4-titlerowhidetitle”> … </div> IMHO it’s a gem when […]
Archive | Design RSS feed for this section
I blogged on this once before, but I just found the text part posted from 12/29/2009. So I am posting it again with updates. When creating a custom master page with SharePoint 2010 you will run into issues. First one: you find that the modal dialog (pop-up) is using some, or all, of your custom […]
While testing out a customization for a client site, I noticed in the out of the box picture library that the list had some of the 2007 look and feel. While the top still looked okay, I wasn’t quite happy with the yellow background behind the selector arrow. Once again with Firebug and IE Developer […]
When customizing SharePoint sites you most certainly will make some type of change to the web part title. When editing the page you will notice sometimes when you hover over the title to edit the web part there will be a slight shift. You can see the difference in the images below. I have done […]
If you don’t already use jump lists or (pinned sites) you may be asking what are they. From the Channel 9 Blog, Yochay Kiriaty sums it up well, “You can think of Jump Lists as your own mini Start Menu for you application, giving you some control over its appearance and functionality.” (http://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/yochay/Jump-into-the-Windows-7-Taskbar-Jump-Lists) I am […]
I am just going to say straight out I am not a developer, I am sure there are much better ways at tackling this type of change. I hope it works as well for you as it did for me. Recently on the MSDN Forums, I came across a question asking how to just show […]
Meet Heather Waterman a SharePoint branding expert. Years of experience in web design and a strange desire to put her head through the computer screen have resulted in her mastery of SharePoint branding in all of its powerful and frustrating beauty.
Heather currently works for PixelMill.com as a Pre-Sales Engineer. PixelMill is located in Davis, CA.
- Adding a Left Navigation Menu in a Page Layout July 16, 2014
- Reformatting the Date display in the Refinement Panel July 15, 2014
- Suggested Reading from our Responsive Web Design Presentation April 22, 2013
- Adding a Twitter feed with SharePoint xml viewer web part May 1, 2012
- Customizing the search box in SharePoint 2010 May 14, 2012
- Using the .s4-titlerowhidetitle in your custom master page. May 10, 2012
- hwaterman: I have not tried, but I am sure it should be simil...
- spMuttGirl: Hi Heather, love your posts, and regarding the l...
- panoone: That's actually one of the more polite replies he...