In this blog post I will show you how to customize the search area in the header of your custom master page. Since this site is for an intranet, I started by making a copy of the v4.master and renaming that copy. You could also use the Starter Master Page, by Randy Drisgill on CodePlex. When […]
Archive | Branding RSS feed for this section
When creating a custom master page you want to make sure to keep the s4-titlerowhidetitle class. If you don’t have this in your custom master page you can find the tag directly after the #s4-bodyContainer in your v4.master. (Please don’t edit the v4.master directly!) <div id=”s4-titlerow” class=”s4-notdlg s4-titlerowhidetitle”> … </div> IMHO it’s a gem when […]
How many times have you gone to edit a web part on the page, only to have to scroll to the right to see the tool pane? If you happen to have a large screen then this is not much of an issue, but if you have a smaller screen or have numerous windows open […]
I blogged on this once before, but I just found the text part posted from 12/29/2009. So I am posting it again with updates. When creating a custom master page with SharePoint 2010 you will run into issues. First one: you find that the modal dialog (pop-up) is using some, or all, of your custom […]
When you first create a blog on SharePoint 2010 it seems clunky in allowing the management of posts, comments, etc. Since I have a fixed width blog I don’t use the third column. Yes you can move the web part but what fun is that when we can try something new and add some links […]
While testing out a customization for a client site, I noticed in the out of the box picture library that the list had some of the 2007 look and feel. While the top still looked okay, I wasn’t quite happy with the yellow background behind the selector arrow. Once again with Firebug and IE Developer […]
Meet Heather Waterman a SharePoint branding expert. Years of experience in web design and a strange desire to put her head through the computer screen have resulted in her mastery of SharePoint branding in all of its powerful and frustrating beauty.
Heather currently works for PixelMill.com as a Pre-Sales Engineer. PixelMill is located in Davis, CA.
- Adding a Left Navigation Menu in a Page Layout July 16, 2014
- Reformatting the Date display in the Refinement Panel July 15, 2014
- Suggested Reading from our Responsive Web Design Presentation April 22, 2013
- Adding a Twitter feed with SharePoint xml viewer web part May 1, 2012
- Customizing the search box in SharePoint 2010 May 14, 2012
- Using the .s4-titlerowhidetitle in your custom master page. May 10, 2012
- hwaterman: I have not tried, but I am sure it should be simil...
- spMuttGirl: Hi Heather, love your posts, and regarding the l...
- panoone: That's actually one of the more polite replies he...