Sometimes you are presented with a SharePoint design and you think, yeah that will work just fine. Once you have the design in hand and start the branding process you come across an issue that you didn’t give enough thought to on how it might be implemented in SharePoint. I love these little gotcha moments! […]
I have a project I am working on and I wasn’t overly thrilled with how the dates were rendering in the refinement panel. I have not really worked with modifying the Display Templates in 2013 with the exception of changing the HTML, etc. So I called one of my go-to developers Larry Riemann. Larry walked […]
Here are the links that I listed in our presentation on Responsive Web Design at the 2013 SharePoint Evolutions Conference in London. There are many more blog posts that I have bookmarked, but I think you will be able to read through these posts and decide what you find helpful. I do recommend checking out A Book Apart […]
SharePoint Designer 2013 is now RTM – to download your FREE copy here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35491 Other versions: SharePoint 2010 64 bit SharePoint 2010 32 bit SharePoint 2007
Here is another gotcha for your custom SharePoint 2010 master page. When you are creating your custom master page, you most likely will want to move some ContentPlaceHolders into an ASP:Panel with the visibility set to hidden. The TitleInTitleArea place holder should stay in the master page and not within a hidden panel. Why? When this […]
Navigation in SharePoint is definitely a branding pain point. The code improved with 2010, but it was still missing something. Selected Parent with Drop Down When you have a parent item selected, it keeps the selected state as you hover over the child links in the drop down. Hovered Parent Item with Drop Down Now when you hover over another parent item the hover state […]
Meet Heather Waterman a SharePoint branding expert. Years of experience in web design and a strange desire to put her head through the computer screen have resulted in her mastery of SharePoint branding in all of its powerful and frustrating beauty.
Heather is the Director of Synteractive Studio for Synteractive located in Washington DC.
- Adding a Left Navigation Menu in a Page Layout July 16, 2014
- Reformatting the Date display in the Refinement Panel July 15, 2014
- Suggested Reading from our Responsive Web Design Presentation April 22, 2013
- Adding a Twitter feed with SharePoint xml viewer web part May 1, 2012
- Customizing the search box in SharePoint 2010 May 14, 2012
- Using the .s4-titlerowhidetitle in your custom master page. May 10, 2012
- panoone: That's actually one of the more polite replies he...
- Heather: I add it to the master page....
- Heather: Is this all items in a list? Can you provide more ...
Follow @hwaterman on Twitter