Here are the links that I listed in our presentation on Responsive Web Design at the 2013 SharePoint Evolutions Conference in London. There are many more blog posts that I have bookmarked, but I think you will be able to read through these posts and decide what you find helpful. I do recommend checking out A Book Apart […]
SharePoint Designer 2013 is now RTM – to download your FREE copy here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35491 Other versions: SharePoint 2010 64 bit SharePoint 2010 32 bit SharePoint 2007
Here is another gotcha for your custom SharePoint 2010 master page. When you are creating your custom master page, you most likely will want to move some ContentPlaceHolders into an ASP:Panel with the visibility set to hidden. The TitleInTitleArea place holder should stay in the master page and not within a hidden panel. Why? When this […]
Navigation in SharePoint is definitely a branding pain point. The code improved with 2010, but it was still missing something. Selected Parent with Drop Down When you have a parent item selected, it keeps the selected state as you hover over the child links in the drop down. Hovered Parent Item with Drop Down Now when you hover over another parent item the hover state […]
The importance of keeping the SharePoint:DelegateControl TreeViewAndDataSource in your SharePoint 2010 Master Page
Here is another gotcha when creating a custom master page. At times you might want to remove delegate controls that you are not using in a custom master page. Here is one delegate control that will make a difference if it’s not in your master page. <SharePoint:DelegateControl runat=”server” ControlId=”TreeViewAndDataSource”> In the v4.master this is part of the […]
Recently I had a friend ask me to help him with an issue on a page layout they were having. When he opened the page in SharePoint designer and went to edit the page layout, he saw this message. The first thing I did was have him search the master page for TitleInTitleArea, since that did […]
Meet Heather Waterman a SharePoint branding expert. Years of experience in web design and a strange desire to put her head through the computer screen have resulted in her mastery of SharePoint branding in all of its powerful and frustrating beauty.
Heather is the Director of Synteractive Studio for Synteractive located in Washington DC.
- Suggested Reading from our Responsive Web Design Presentation April 22, 2013
- SharePoint Designer 2013 RTM is now available! November 1, 2012
- Properly hiding the ContentPlaceHolder TitleInTitleArea on your SharePoint 2010 Master Page June 8, 2012
- Adding a Twitter feed with SharePoint xml viewer web part May 1, 2012
- Customizing the search box in SharePoint 2010 May 14, 2012
- Using the .s4-titlerowhidetitle in your custom master page. May 10, 2012
- Brandon: When I add the treeview delegate to my master page...
- hwaterman: It works on the top site right. Perhaps it is some...
- Lynn Johnson: I have a subsite with a custom master page based u...
Follow @hwaterman on Twitter